Do you want a Real-Time Clock (RTC)? We have Grove – High Precision RTC v1.2 especially for you. It is an upgraded version of version 1.1. The RTC module is a member of Twig. It is based on the clock chip DS1307 which supports the I2C protocol. It uses a Lithium cell battery (CR1225). You may wonder why you would want to use an RTC module when the mbed already has a built-in RTC. The primary reason is that the mbed consumes 27-30uA from the RTC battery whereas the DS1307 consumes only 300-500nA while on battery.
The clock/calendar in the RTC provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year. The end of the month date is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days. It also includes the corrections for leap years. The clock operates in either 24-hour or 12-hour format with AM/PM indicator. And, it is valid up to 2100.
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||3.3 ~ 5.5|
|Logic High Level Input||2.2 V to Vcc+0.3 V|
|Logic Low Level Input||-0.3 V to Vcc+0.8 V|
|Mounting hole diameter (mm)||2|
|Shipment Weight||0.01 kg|
- PCB Size: 4.0 cm x 2.4 cm
- Counting of seconds, minutes, hours, date of the month, month, day of the week, and year with leap-year compensation valid up to 2100
- 56-byte, battery-backed, non-volatile (NV) RAM for data storage
- I2C serial interface
- Programmable square-wave output signal
- Automatic power-fail detect and switch circuitry
- Consumes less than 500nA in battery-backup mode with oscillator running
- Ready-to-go Arduino libraries
- Compatible platform: Arduino, BeagleBone Green, BeagleBone Green Wireless, etc.
- 1 x Grove – RTC v1.2